How can you evaluate Benz biocides compared with "cleaning" products?
We're frequently asked for our opinions about softwash products from other companies and the claims made for them. These are reasonable questions, as somehow we all have to decide which products and companies will serve us best.
As a company policy we do not comment on the integrity of claims made by other companies for their products. We believe that doing so would be poor business practice.
However, we can suggest some lines of technical inquiry you may like to pursue:
- Compare the SDS and PDS sheets of the other product with Benz products (click here to download our Product Documentation Pack, which includes our SDS and PDS). If you can get hold of the SDS of the other product you will find that its active ingredient is sodium hypochlorite (SH) used at the relatively high available chlorine concentration of 3%, and in actual use may be considerably more.
Click here to download our Benz Product Documentation Pack – which gives you all the documentation needed to run your softwashing business, including our SDS and PDS.
- Is the other product fully approved by the UK and Irish governments (HSE and PRCD), and therefore legally allowed to be used for softwashing external hard surfaces? If not, there are potentially some unpleasant consequences awaiting a contractor who uses such products. (click here to read our Trade Tips posts on the subject of approvals and legalities).
To the best of our knowledge, Benz LIghtning Cleanze is the only fully government approved sodium hypochlorite based biocide on the market. And therefore it is the only legal way to apply SH for softwashing external hard surfaces.
- Is the other product described as a biocide, or only as a "cleaner"? Only a fully compliant product can legally be called a biocide. Products that are described as "cleaners" have not been approved as being compliant with the legislation and cannot legally be called biocides.
Benz Softwash offer two complementary biocides: Bio Cleanze and Lightning Cleanze, which work together (click here to learn the principles of our "Clean & Maintain" softwash system)
- Who will be your customer? Although householders may not ask to see product approvals, managers and others who work in organisations, and who are responsible for issuing cleaning contracts, know they must do everything they can to comply with the law.
Therefore a contractor who use Benz fully compliant products, which are increasingly specified by architects and other professionals, has a powerful sales advantage when tendering for large contracts.
- Finally, compare the pricing and coverage of both products. We offer Lightning Cleanze and Bio Cleanze at the lowest possible price, as we supply to professional cleaning companies and know that cost savings are a serious factor in the successful running of a business.
We hope this information is helpful.
Ben, Leo & Fiona
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up. Please revisit this Trade Tips post to read our response.
Also in Benz Trade Tips
In this short video Ben demonstrates the treatment of a stainless steel door handle to remove rust stains – caused by contamination with carbon steel –by applying Benz Oxy Cleanze.
Click the link on this page to watch the video >>>
Every week we receive a large number of questions about soft washing. And, as new contractors are coming into the business all the time, questions are often repeated.
So we thought it would be useful to put together the most frequently asked questions in this series of Trade Tips posts, for your easy reference.
Click the link on this page to read the full post ...
Every week we receive a large number of questions about soft washing. And, as new contractors are coming into the soft washing business all the time, questions are often repeated.
So for your easy reference we thought it would be useful to put together some of the most frequently asked softwashing questions in this series of posts.
Click the link on this page to read the full Benz Trade Tips post ...