Softwash approvals, SDS, PDS, RAMS, Application, Mask, PPE, COSSH, Pricing, Dilution, Contract
The pack comes as a single, industry standard, "zip file". Scroll down for instructions on how to open zip files.
The pack contains
- Product application/dilution guides
- A pricing spreadsheet + click here to download our full pricing guide
- UK & Irish government approval data for Benz Softwash products (HSE & PRCD)
- Benz Softwash SDS (Safety Data Sheets)
- Benz Softwash PDS (Product Data Sheets)
- An example RAMS pdf
- COSSH templates
- A contract to give to your customers
iPhone users click here
How to open a zip file
Android users click here
Benz Bio Cleanze
Product approval data
UK Health & Safety Executive (HSE) approval certificate number: 9936
Irish Pesticide Registration and Controls Division (PRCD) number: 98070
Benz Lightning Cleanze
UK Health & Safety Executive (HSE) approval certificate number: 10161
Irish Pesticide Registration and Controls Division (PRCD) number: 98411
Respirator filters for soft washing
Respirator filer codes: - refer to SDS to find the filter classification specific to each softwash product.
- P1, P2, P3 denote the relative grades of micron filter.
- "A" denotes a filter suitable for organic vapours.
- "B" denotes a filter suitable for inorganic vapours.
Face masks for soft washing
When softwashing areas of poor ventilation a face mask is essential PPE.
A 3M face mask is the industry leader. It's not necessary to use this kind of face mask all the time. Just on days when spraying a lot and in confined spaces.
For softwash contracts where there is plenty of ventilation, Ben often uses a simple helmet and face shield. Click here to see him wearing it in this short video
Suggested face masks
- For soft washing horizontal surfaces we suggest wearing glasses and this half face mask.
- For soft washing in-between houses, and looking up when treating facia, soffits, etc, we suggest this full face mask.
And we suggest these face mask filter cartridges, which fit both masks.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for soft washing
We recommend the use of full Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) including impermeable chemical resistant gloves, impermeable chemical resistant outer clothing, and a full face shield that covers the hair, when applying softwash chemicals.
Wash your hands and skin: We recommend washing your hands, and all exposed skin, before breaks, before eating or smoking, immediately after handling a softwash chemical product, and at the end of a day's softwashing work.
Mixing and using softwash chemicals
- NEVER pour water into undiluted Lightning Cleanze, Tornado Cleanze, Perma Cleanze, or Bio Cleanze. Always half-fill your tank with water, add the required quantity of softwash chemical, then complete filling your tank with water. This helps to prevent splashing of the undiluted chemical.
- NEVER mix Lightning Cleanze / Tornado Cleanze with Bio Cleanze / Perma Cleanze – as toxic gas will be produced
- ALWAYS flush through all equipment – tanks, hoses, pumps – with fresh water before changing their use from one chemical to another.
Drainage systems and our environment
It is important to protect our environment by eliminating run-off into sewers and drains. Run-off can be kept to minimum or zero by using Benz Nozzles along with skilful spray and brush control techniques. If some run-off close to surface drains is unavoidable, block the drains and/or gutter downpipes until application has been concluded. Remove any pooling via suction and dispose of safely.
Always obtain permission from the relevant local authority before disposing of run-off from softwash chemicals into a foul drain. Never allow run-off to enter surface drains. Refer to the authority responsible for water and our environment in the geographical area in which you are working for specific details of local legislation.
Benz Softwash cleaning products
- Bio Cleanze
- Lightning Cleanze
- Tornado Cleanze
- Oxy Cleanze
- Perma Cleanze
- Window Cleanze
- Softwash nozzles
- Roof moss scrapers
- The Benz Softwash How to Manual
Legal Disclaimer: All legal and legislative information on this website was obtained from various European Union, Irish and UK Government agencies.
Always treat a test patch on a customer's property before using any chemical cleaning product and obtain your customer's agreement that the effect of the applied chemical is acceptable before cleaning the entire property.
During use and application always adhere to the SDS and follow the product labelling instructions and the product information supplied on this website to ensure protection of our environment and avoidance of damage to property and human injury.
All information and documentation available on this website is offered as a service to our customers without warranty as to the information and documentation's legal or technical standing or effectiveness. Downloading and use of the information and supportive documentation supplied on this website does not imply that we are acting as your authoritative and competent legal or technical advisers. Always do your own research and consult a qualified solicitor, accountant, or other relevant professional about any technical, regulatory and/or legal matter concerning your independent softwashing business.