Tornado Cleanze rapidly removes heavy black algae and lichen ("black spot")
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ
To have your order delivered to Southern or Northern Ireland select IRELAND as the "Delivery Location"
To have your order delivered to England, Scotland, or Wales select GREAT BRITAIN as the "Delivery Location"
Select the currency for payment & receipts by toggling GBP/EUR in main menu
Estimated FREE DELIVERY: 4-10 working days
Orders must be received before 11.00am (M-F) to be processed on the same day
We ship only to the UK and Ireland
Non-returnable & Non-refundable (order the quantity you know you can use within 3 months of manufacture)
This product worked very well indeed. This was our first experience using Tornado Cleanze. We chose to use it on quoins and coping stones. Both were natural sandstone. Adhesion and quality were paramount on this job – and we were not disappointed.
James Gibbon, C G Clean Down Ltd
"I had some very good results with Tornado Cleanze on a rendered wall – and the valuable roses at the base of the wall are still flourishing!" Adrian Brooks, Home Soft Wash
Heavy algae and lichen growth can be a problem to remove using conventional cleaning methods. Even regular softwashing may not be fully effective, or provide sufficiently fast results.
Tornado Cleanze is the solution. Tornado Cleanze easily, quickly and safely removes stubborn black, green, red and yellow staining from external hard surfaces.
And its rapid, precisely targeted cleaning action means there's no overspray or spray drift onto surrounding properties and plants.
What is Tornado Cleanze?
Tornado Cleanze is a non-penetrating, very strong sodium hypochlorite gel that stays on the surface. This gives it a long contact time and a remarkable power to oxidise and remove the discolouration caused by micro-organisms.
Simply brush on, leave for 15-30 minutes, and rinse – Tornado Cleanze acts fast!
BEFORE TREATMENT WITH TORNADO CLEANZE
AFTER TREATMENT WITH TORNADO CLEANZE
Where to use
Tornado Cleanze can be used as a stand-alone cleaner on paths, patios, driveways, render, concrete, sandstone, capping stones, chimneys, brickwork, stonework, window sills, some plastics and most other exterior hard surfaces.
It can also be used as a “spot cleaner” in conjunction with one of our other Benz softwash cleaning products.
- Tornado Cleanze can be used to prepare the surface of coloured or plain render before treating with Benz Bio Cleanze or Perma Cleanze.
- Tornado Cleanze can be used as a topical cleaning product before or after applying Bio Cleanze and Lightning Cleanze, e.g for removing black streaks on render.
The actual sequence of use will depend on the severity and depth of the colonisation, how long it has been allowed to grow into the surface, and the specific requirements of each job and customer.
Ongoing maintenance: To keep surfaces permanently clean all year around, it's important to post-treat with Bio Cleanze after thoroughly rinsing off Tornado Cleanze.
Back to top
I bought Tornado Cleanze for a contract to clean the exterior walls and pillars of a private residential estate.
Some of the pillars were black from algae colonisation. Because of surrounding grass, hedges and other bushes I thought I'd try Tornado Cleanze rather than risk spray drift or too much run-off.
The results, as you can see in the photo below, were excellent and my customer and other residents were delighted, often stopping to remark on how much better the walls look.
Btw: The railings were removed at the time of cleaning for maintenance and painting, which is why they are missing in the after photo.
Keiron Bradley, Gleam Team Cleaning Services & Garden Maintenance
Packaging & Shelf Life
Tornado Cleanze comes in sturdy, drop-tested 5 litre containers.
It remains usable for at least 3 months after manufacture when stored in a cool location, in the original, unopened container.
Tornado Cleanze is made with 5% sodium hypochlorite at 12 Ph – giving it the focused power you need to clean those really tough surfaces - fast!
Tornado Cleanze is a concentrated, ready-to-use gel. A little goes a long way. 1 litre will cover 6 metres2 of render or brickwork, 10 metres2 of sandstone, or 10 average capping stones.
To treat light stains, Tornado Cleanze can be diluted 50:50 (i.e. 1 part Tornado Cleanze with 1 part water).
Back to top
When and how to dilute Tornado Cleanze
The reason Tornado Cleanze is so advanced compared with other gel products is that it can be diluted and yet still retains its excellent "stickability".
Use de-mineralised* water if possible – as used for water-fed pole window cleaning – which will give the diluted solution a longer shelf life. Ordinary tap water can be used but the diluted solution should be used immediately. For best results use any diluted solution within 24 hours of diluting.
* In actual use this can be regarded as being the same as "de-ionised" water, although technically there can be subtle differences. The two words are often used interchangeably.
Quick tips: 1) A light pre-wetting of the surface to be treated makes application by brush or roller faster and easier.
We also sugggest lightly pre-wetting a surface after prolonged dry periods and/or in very hot direct sunlight.
2) Use undiluted for local application where there is severe colonisation/staining – for which a diluted solution would be less effective. For example:
- window sills
- wall capping stones
3) Use diluted 50:50 for green, red and light black stains on all other surfaces. This makes application, on large areas of render for example, quick and safe because the product remains a gel. Rinse just before the product dries.
An undiluted application, on heavily soiled areas, after rinsing and still damp works well.
4) When cleaning sandstone, a 50:50 dilution of Tornado Cleanze and water tends to work faster than when undiluted.
5) For best results use Tornado Cleanze within 24 hours of diluting.
Back to top
By brush or roller, or a combination of both. Ensure a thin film is left on the surface.
Tornado Cleanze can be diluted and sprayed although this is not its intended use. A better practice in most instances would be to use Lightning Cleanze if a spray application is required (eg for treating large areas of wall render).
Quick tip: A light jet wash before applying is ideal but not essential. Loose dirt and debris must be removed to allow Tornado Cleanze to do its job on the ingrained stain, but this can also be achieved with a simple hosepipe and broom.
APPLYING TORNADO CLEANZE BY BRUSH
Ideally, apply in temperatures of 8-30 degrees C. Allow longer for Tornado Cleanze to work in cooler temperatures. Cool down surfaces by lightly pre-spraying with cold fresh water in very hot weather.
- If the surface is warm, pre-wet it with a light spray of ordinary tap water before commencing treatment. If very hot, continually dampen the surface during the activation period.
- Because Tornado Cleanze is a gel, it stays where it’s applied, even on vertical surfaces such as render, and is slow to evaporate.
- If the discolouration is particularly bad, gently agitate with a soft brush after 10-15 minutes.
- Protect areas that could be affected by spillages, or run-off after rinsing, e.g. lead flashing.
- Rinse thoroughly after activation.
Important: Be sure to protect plant life from drops or accidental spillage. Click here to learn the simplest, most effective way to protect plants when softwashing.
Back to top Results
Black and green discolouration will disappear from most surfaces within 30-60 minutes in mild temperatures, longer in cooler weather. Heavy red stains may turn pink at first, then fade in 24-48 hours. Sometimes, a second application may be needed.
Quick tip: Click here to learn how to use Tornado Cleanze to softwash sandstone patios, paths and walls
Enjoy permanently clean properties
Keep the external hard surfaces of properties permanently clean by using Benz "Clean & Maintain" softwash systems.
Back to top
After initial cleansing with Tornado Cleanze, a quick and simple spray with Benz Bio Cleanze or Perma Cleanze every 6-24 months is usually sufficient to keep properties wonderfully clean all year around.
Why Tornado Cleanze is safer and more effective than bleach mixes *
Back to top
- The special formula reduces chloramine emissions, which means there is no need for a masking scent. There is almost no smell compared to bleach/surfactant mixes.
- It is safer because its thick gel nature means there us an extremely low likelihood of the product coming into contact with surrounding properties, vehicles, people, animals, plants – and of course splashing onto softwash contractors themselves.
- It is more effective than any bleach/surfactant mix because our highly specialised gelling agent ensures Tornado Cleanze sticks to surfaces longer, with zero run-off prior to rinsing. This increases the contact time with organic growths, ensuring maximum effectiveness in removing them.
Keep Tornado Cleanze cool to extend its shelf-life
Vans get hot inside during the summer months, so remove the Tornado Cleanze container and place it in a shaded area on the site.
Metal and wooden sheds also heat up, so find a cooler location for long-term storage.
Use a an old insulated chest freezer to keep Tornado Cleanze cool, but not freezing, away from sunlight. This also ensures chemicals are kept away from children, pets and the general public.
Back to top
Use a picnic cool box with an iceblock. These can often accommodate two 5 litre containers of Tornado Cleanze.
WE SHIP THIS PRODUCT TO THE UK AND IRELAND ONLY
Due to restrictions placed by shipping companies, we are unable to deliver even to some UK offshore locations through our standard shipping arrangements.
These include (but are not limited to):
• Isle of Man
• Isle of Wight
• Channel Islands
• Scottish Islands
Orders placed for these locations, and not previously cleared by us, will have to be cancelled. If you need products delivered to one of the above areas, contact us and we'll do our best to help you, but do note that surcharges will have to apply.
Back to top
Health & Safety
- NEVER mix Benz Tornado Cleanze and Benz Bio Cleanze/Perma Cleanze together as toxic gas may be produced.
- ALWAYS thoroughly rinse application equipment before changing from Tornado Cleanze to Bio Cleanze/Perma Cleanze and vice-versa.
- EXCLUDE customers, the general public, children and animals from areas where application, mixing and storage of chemicals is taking place by erecting barriers and tape. And keep them excluded until the treated area has been declared safe.
- Respiratory protection is not required when there is adequate ventilation, which is usually the case in outdoor environments. In poorly ventilated areas wear appropriate respiratory protection ( refer to SDS for the currently recommended type).
- Discharge rinse water in accordance with local by-laws and water authority regulations.
Back to top
- If swallowed: Do not induce vomiting. Contact a doctor or a specialist immediately. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Refer to the product SDS for specific guidance.
The purchaser and end users are responsible for ensuring that our products are used in line with industry Approved Codes of Practice. All operators must be competent in using and applying our products. Always adhere to the SDS, and read and comply with the instructions for use on the label, and product information on this website, before use to avoid injury to humans and animals. The purchaser and end user of these products are responsible for complying with the PRCD/HSE codes for the safe use of chemicals.
Safe working practices: When working with chemicals always keep your equipment and personal protection equipment (PPE) clean. Take care to protect yourself and the public from accidental contact with eyes and skin. Wear chemical resistant protective gloves, chemical resistant clothing that covers your whole skin surface, and a full face visor that includes protection for your hair. Wash all PPE with fresh water at the end of the working day and before eating, drinking, or smoking.
Always treat a small, obscure test area before using any chemical cleaning product. Obtain your customer's agreement that the result is acceptable and get their permission to continue before cleaning the entire property.
Formulated to be legal and safe for use by cleaning contractors and property maintenance staff
Tornado Cleanze is a thick gel version of Lightning Cleanze. Organisations and property maintenance companies specify it for use by their maintenance staff.
* Safe when used according to product labelling instruction and the recommendations on this website.