What's the optimum temperature for applying Benz Bio Cleanze?
A customer recently asked us about softwashing with Benz Bio Cleanze
1) Is there a minimum temperature for softwashing with Bio Cleanze?
2) If there is, what would happen if we used it below this temperature - what affect would that have?
The best temperature for softwashing with Benz Bio Cleanze
We recommend spraying above 8 degrees C and below 30 if at all possible. This gives the most consistent results. However, there is some scope for using the product outside of this range, depending on the weather and type of surface being treated.
20 degrees is the optimum application temperature, and we have generic test data that was carried out at 20 degrees.
Above 30 degrees would create boil-off issues. In this case spray early morning or late evening to utilise the cooler temperatures.
There are so many variables, including the perceived effect of self-cleansing, which happens faster in warm weather.
In general it;s best not to use Bio Cleanze below 8 degrees. This is because below this temperature the product may not work consistently at the dilution rates we recommend on the product label and other material.
However, the good news is that applying Bio Cleanze at lower temperatures will not have any detrimental affect on the surface being treated.
We've successfully used Bio Cleanze at lower temperatures, down to as low as 4 degrees, by following these guidelines:
1. Plan your working day so that the product is applied at or just before the warmest part of the day. This works especially well on days that are cold but when there is direct sunlight.
2. Use warm water, max 45 degrees, to dilute Bio Cleanze.
3. Use a slightly stronger mix than on the application guides, and which you would use in warmer weather.
We hope this information is helpful.
Ben, Leo & Fiona
The Benz Softwash range of softwash cleaning products
- Bio Cleanze
- Lightning Cleanze
- Tornado Cleanze
- Oxy Cleanze
- Window Cleanze
- Perma Cleanze
- Softwash Nozzles
- Roof Moss Scrapers
- The Softwashing How-to Manual
Also in Benz Trade Tips
Click the link on this page to watch the video ...